LumiSight Campus Helps Keep the San Marcos Unified School District (SMUSD) Community Safe
The San Marcos Unified School District (SMUSD), located in the northern area of San Diego County, California, consists of more than 3,000 employees and 20,000 students. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, SMUSD searched for ways to implement daily health screenings that aligned with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and California Department of Public Health recommendations so they could safely reopen offices and campuses.
In September 2019, SMUSD envisioned a streamlined health screening process that would make it easy for staff and students to submit daily check-ins while protecting their privacy. Since their diverse demographic includes a large Spanish-speaking population, they also desired an inclusive solution that supported both their English- and Spanish-speaking families. Leaders knew they needed to choose the right infrastructure to support efficient, consistent processes and data security. Therefore, they sought a solution and partner who was genuinely vested in their needs to help them manage their community’s well-being.
SMUSD needed a system and service to:
- Simplify the health screening process while respecting data privacy
- Enable staff accountability for daily self-screenings
- Mitigate potential negative tension among the community regarding screenings
- Adapt as regulations and guidance change
- Complement temperature screening procedures
- Provide multi-lingual screenings and support for a diverse population
LumiSight Campus provides SMUSD with a comprehensive platform to synchronize health screening data and processes across geographically dispersed locations. The multi-lingual web and mobile apps give staff, students, and visitors the means to quickly submit daily self-checks and be accountable for their health. With each daily check-in, individuals immediately receive a color-coded badge and know whether they are cleared for campus or need to stay home and take further action. If an individual is not cleared for campus, their badge locks for ten days, and they are given self-care instructions that enforce SMUSD’s policies.
The SMUSD community knows that a safe and successful reopening depends on everyone honestly answering the screening questions. It is crucial that students and staff stay home when they are sick, notify the SMUSD if they have had close contact with a positive COVID-19 case, and inform the SMUSD immediately if they test positive for COVID-19. The LumiSight Platform supports SMUSD’s process and makes it easy for administrators to quickly communicate and respond to their community’s needs.
The LumiSight administration application aggregates the data and provides a quick glance at the community’s status and individual check-in histories. Administrators can also manually check in individuals who have not been pre-screened to ensure there is a record for each person entering an office or campus. SMUSD can also customize and update the screening questions and badge content at any time to reflect the latest guidance and immediately enforce any policy changes among employees, students, and visitors.
The information collected is used solely by designated SMUSD leadership to monitor the community’s health and respond to events that may affect the health and safety of the community. At the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency’s request, specific information may be shared to assist with official contact tracing efforts.
The LumiSight Platform is built for expansion and configured to meet SMUSD’s unique needs. Some of the key features include:
- Multi-lingual applications and support
- Multi-question daily health screening with risk results badge
- Automatic 10-day badge lock for individuals who are not cleared for campus entry
- Linked accounts for parents with multiple children
- Manual check-in through administration application
- Administration dashboards and check-in history records
LumiSight Campus supports the well-being of the SMUSD community through individual health accountability and real-time reporting. Additionally, the platform provides SMUSD with the following benefits:
- Synchronous health screening across multiple departments and campuses
- Comprehensive screening management with detailed records for students, employees, and visitors
- Efficient student arrival and badge confirmation process
- Policy enforcement and mass communication channels
- Secure, real-time data consolidation for proactive decision-making and rapid emergency response
Why Choose DataHouse?
SMUSD appreciates the individualized support and dedication that DataHouse provides. Amidst a growing market of daily self-screening applications, the LumiSight Platform’s adaptable and configurable nature allows SMUSD to align its technology infrastructure with preferred processes.
Additionally, the DataHouse team showed commitment for SMUSD’s success – not just with the technology, but with the safe reopening of their schools.
SMUSD chose LumiSight for the platform, and DataHouse for the people.